Thursday, June 2, 2011

OUT OF THE (ALIEN) CLOSET!

UH OH!

I guess I'm officially out of the (alien) closet thanks to Radio Talk Show Host - Bill Handel of KFI-640 AM.

I've been painting aliens and otherworldly creatures for as long as I can remember.  Often times I just wanted to draw my mom or dad or a friend's portrait, but they always came out looking a little bit 'OFF'. 

So, recently, I decided that I would just surrender to this quirky defect of mine and maybe even turn it into a business, offering to paint  "ALIEN YOU" Portraits (or, at least otherworldly versions of otherwise human beings).

When I met Bill Handel at a local event a few weeks ago, I asked him if he'd be willing to be my first "ALIEN YOU" guinea pig. And, he kindly (and bravely) said, YES! 

After I finished his portrait I sent it his way and he posted a photo of himself with it on his website - http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/Handel2.html 

TA - DAA!    Here's Bill with his "Alien You" portrait!



He even called and left a message to say he thought my painting was SPECTACULAR and that he thought I was "completely crazy, but in a good way"!  How cool is that?!  (THANK YOU,  BILL!  I think you're crazy too - in the BEST way and I can't thank you enough for posting the above photo on your website!)

If you'd like an 'ALIEN YOU' portrait done of yourself, or your dog, cat or your whole family, just give me a holler at:  661.713.9946 or by e-mail: j9art_music@yahoo.com


YOU CAN SEE MORE OF MY ART AT:   www.j9art.com


(You can hear Bill Handel's program on KFI 640 AM in Los Angeles or streaming live on the web - Monday's through Friday's from 6:00 - 9:00 a.m.  and also on Saturday mornings when he offers 'marginal legal advice' during his HANDEL ON THE LAW show. The guy's a crack up, but he's also an actual lawyer so he knows what he's talking about!)

No comments:

Post a Comment